Sunday, January 11, 2009

History in the past and future!(This is my response to Assignment #3. )

Canada has gone though a lot of changes in the past few centuries.
Including: Are clothing style, Our way of living, Technology, Government, Transportation, Even a little how we look.

Technology and transportation:

As we can see Technology has grown a lot more from the past centuries.
Before 1900's we didn't have cars, people got around by horse and buggy.
In the 1800's pioneers made there own houses, now we pay people to build houses for others. Also in the past couple centuries people have managed to invent, the telephone ( a pretty neat invention because you can communicate to people from different parts of the world ), the airplane ( The airplane is a good invention because it's a quicker way to transport), The refrigerator( Is helpful because you can keep your food last longer) and also many more useful and neat inventions.

Lifestyle:

Pioneers also Had a different life style than now in the 2000's. Children started doing things at a younger age, like helping with chores, People back then also got married around 13-17 , but now people don't marry until there around 18-30.
Pioneers had to help run the family, and had tougher situations,not like today.


Government:

We should be thankful that Canada has such a well stabled government. ( not like some parts of the world, even today). Some countries can't leave there own country, not even for a vacation because they have a dictatorship which means the leader
doesn't let people got out of the country, because they think they won't return and if everyone left there would be know one left in the country.


Clothing style:

Are clothing style has changed SO much!

1600's:medieval sort of clothing
1700's:huge hats, ruffles, big dress skirts with wiring
1800's:Girls-wore dresses in floral patterns and bonnets. Boys-wore plaid shirts and pants with suspenders.
1900's:paisley, Victorian style, Russian looking
1920's:bob hair, blazers, lipstick on only the middle of your lips
1930's:cardigans, hats
1940's:Barret hats
1950's:poodle skits, polka dots, ruffles
1960's:Hippie(tie dye, bell bottoms, platform shoes, beaded jewelery)
1970's:Disco(metallic clothing, white pants, big hair)
1980's:leg warmers, tapered lag jeans, fishnet tights,converse
1990's:ripped jeans, over sized shirts, layers
2000's:now

It's interesting I find how the clothing style has changed a lot from 1920's to 1930's, 1930's to 1940's etc... but the style hasn't changed much from 2000 to 2009. I wonder if the style will change next year in 2010, or in the future. Also it's funny how things come back in style from various time periods. Example leg warmers( from 1980's), Fish net tights (from 1980's)


How we look:

Monkeys involved into humans, but what will humans involve into?
Well Helena and I think that humans will involve into aliens.
We think aliens are the future us (human beings) and that they can't remember being a human though, so they come to earth, and some time abduct humans because they want to find out more about us. Also if you don't believe it when you look at the stars you are looking in the past,because the stars exploded years, and years ago but still remain in space.I saw the movie " fire in the sky" it's a true story. It's about this man who gets abducted by aliens. I have also seen this movie that has NASA images in it, about UFOs. I do believe in aliens and i wonder if we will involve into them in the future?

Also just in the past few centuries,and even when my grandma was a little girl humans acted more mature at a younger age,and looked older than they are. My grandma tells me stories of when she was growing up and she also showed me a picture of her when she was 19, a few days before she got married. She looked like she was in her 20's though. As I mentioned pioneers were more helpful and helped with chores,they also looked older than they were and were more mature.

Things that I think will happen in the future:

- At this rate I don't think Earth will be here in the year 3000. People pollute way too much, and I think people should care for the earth more. We want are great grand children to be here, don't we? but I don't think that will happen in the next 100 years. I hope we can find a way to cut down on the pollution, so the earth won't be as polluted.

- I think in the future people would have found more ways to cure sicknesses and disease, like: Cancer, Aids etc...

- I am not sure about flying cars, but maybe! But people are already finding ways for cars to not run on gas, I think that would be a better because it would help stop global warming, and the air would be less polluted.

- I think Schools will teach differently because the things we have to learn in school has changed from pioneers times( they only learned reading, writing and arithmetic) and it has also changed from when my parents went to school.One night I asked my parents if they got a math question i had trouble with and they couldn't help me because the way the teachers though students was different than now a days, so that concludes way i think the ways of learning could change in the next 100 years.

- I also think people wouldn't be as racist, because it's died down a lot from a few decades ago. It's still pretty big, a specially in some countries, but in 100 years i think all kinds of people including: Blacks, Chinese, Italians, Mexicans etc... will have every opportunity as everyone else in the world.

- I also think in a 100 years there would be a woman priminister ( not including Kim Campbell who only ran for a few months) and a woman president.( The U.S. almost got a vise president (Sarah Palin ). Woman are also getting more opportunities as men. A while a go girls couldn't even go to school!( I think that was unfair, that woman couldn't have an education, everyone should be treated the same!)But i think in a 100 years people will be treated as the same, well I hope so.

- As my final point I would like to tell you what i think the technology will be like in the future. A lot of people think as the future, either a whole world of NEW technology. Or they either think of the future as a messed up world, and it will be domes day. I think neither of those things will happen in the future.
Hasn't the world go ton better each century?? Besides from wars such as world war 1,2the Korean war, the war of 1812 etc... and the hola caust and other bad things that happened, well i think so. There has been a lot of great things that happened, but most people just look back on the negative things that happened. I think the world will keep getting better and in a 100 years from now things will be a lot better than now, and will keep improving. As a mentioned above i don't think the world will be FULL of technology, but i do think there will be more inventions in the future, just not everything you look at will be a new invention , there will still have things we have now.I think there might be a few things invented in the next 100 years but not a lot.

Those are some things I think will happen in the next 100 years, and the later future.I hope you had fun reading my entry, and learned a few things as well! I wonder how 2109 will be like?? Please visit my
teachers blog and click on other peoples blogs to read what they have to say about 2109!

Talk to you latter! Please post of comment and tell me your feedback you thought on my entry, I know it's long but thanks for reading.

Sarah ( Whippy)

(Below are pictures of the different fashion eras.)


1700's


1800's


1900's

1920's


1930's


194o's


1950's


1960's


1970's


1980's



1990's


click on the link below to visit Christopher's blog.





5 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Sarah,

This is a very unique blog entry, I like that you've added some photos to add more visual interest for your readers. Did you know that you can place the photos interspersed with your text?

I can see that you became very interested in evolving clothing styles over the last 500 years. Where did you find all these very interesting photos and images? When you borrow from other places on the Internet, it's a really good idea to get into the habit of linking back to those places that you've borrowed from. You're getting very good at linking and this will give you even more practice.

I think your ideas are thoughtful and interesting although I'm not sure about your alien theory!

Blog on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah.
I read ur article and it was very creative.

Auguste said...

Hey that was interesting but wasn't hippie styles in the 1970's because the women rights movement was in 1969 and thats when women got equal rights as men in north america and people started being less sexist?

Sarah S. said...

I am glad you thought my blog entry was interesting. I am not sure if hippie style was in the 70's, I am pretty sure it was in the 60's. Also than what would the 70's style I put be? I added a few more points to what I think will happen in 2109, so you can check those out afterwards if you want.

Happy blogging!

Sarah S.

Froher.A said...

WOW Whippy that is one long and interesting entry.....I could tell that you really got into the history of the past and future and I totally agree with what Mrs.Pollock said. Keep up the great work.